All passengers must have a valid ticket to board the coach.
Face coverings required for travel aboard C&J, learn more.
Who We Are and What We Do
Founded in 1968, C&J Bus Lines has become a regional icon, providing unique, safe, and dependable transportation to over 700,000 passengers each year. C&J offers daily bus service from NH’s Seacoast area and Newburyport, Massachusetts to Boston’s South Station and Logan International Airport. The company also provides daily executive class service from Portsmouth, NH, Tewksbury, MA, and Ogunquit, ME (seasonally) to the Port Authority in New York City. C&J operates a fleet of modern motorcoaches from our state of the art maintenance facility in Rollinsford, NH and has its business offices in Portsmouth.
Why Work for Us?
We are a customer-focused company that has enjoyed success through our family of great employees. We offer excellent wages, and great healthcare benefits for you and your family, and one of the best 401k programs in the Seacoast! If you’re tired of empty promises, poor benefits and flat rate wages then its time for a change. Come work for a company where you can make a difference.
The Motor Coach Operator is under the direction of the Director of Operations and is responsible for safely transporting customers and providing exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Inspect coach before and after shift using pre- and post-trip checklists
- Drive vehicle over specified routes or to specified destinations according to schedules and within posted speed limits
- Assist passengers with luggage and accurately scan all passengers’ tickets, ensuring scan counts match passengers on board
- Park vehicle at loading areas so passengers can safely leave or board the coach while ensuring open coach doors are always attended
- Report delays, road closures, detours, accidents, etc. to main terminal while adhering to the Hands-Free laws/C&J Cell Phone Policy
- Advise passengers of company policies concerning eating, cell phones, time of arrival, etc.
- Maintain a clean work environment, including on board the coaches and inside company vehicles
- Regulate heat, lighting, ventilating and entertainment systems
- Maintain driver log and adhere to all DOT regulations & C&J log policies
- Make minor repair to the coach if necessary
- Technical – bus kneeling system, wheelchair access, and complete understanding of the Saucon fleet/driver tracking and management system. Must be comfortable with editing and signing driver logs, documenting abnormalities, fulfilling a roadside inspection, and all aspects of operating the Saucon unit on the coach
- Public safety – awareness of (and adherence to) all pertinent state, local and federal regulations
Skills & Abilities
- Situational awareness – watching gauges/dials, monitoring bus wellness
- Flexible with routes and able to drive all C&J routes and alternate routes when necessary (detours/charters)
- Remain familiar with, and able to operate, all coaches in C&J’s fleet, including Prevost X3-45/H3-45, MCI D models, and Van Hool TD925
- Social perceptiveness – being aware of others’ reactions and understanding their purposes for doing so
- Time management – maintain a schedule
- Communication – active listening and talking to others to convey information effectively and politely
- Math skills necessary to calculate passenger counts, driving logs, time increments, etc.
- Vision necessary to safely operate a motor coach at all hours of the day
- Reflexes, reaction time, hand-eye coordination, and control precision necessary to safely operate a motor coach
- Problem sensitivity – ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Response orientation – ability to choose quickly between two or more movements in response to two or more signals.
- Spatial orientation – ability to know your location in relation to environment
- Self-control – requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check and avoiding aggressive behavior.
- Cooperation – requires being pleasant with others and displaying a good attitude.
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations including routes chosen or assigned
- Integrity – honest and ethical
- Stress tolerance – requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly with high stress situations
- Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Communication – providing communication to supervisors, passengers, etc.
- Multitasking – listen and respond while driving, loading luggage, etc.
- Valid CDL with passenger and air brake endorsements
- Valid DOT medical card and must pass physical examinations according to DOT requirements
- Pass a DOT preemployment drug test
- Clean motor vehicle record upon hire and throughout duration of employment
- Ability to bend, stoop, and lift/load luggage of various sizes weighing at least 50 lbs. (Logan and NYC routes), as well as climb bus steps of a frequent basis
- 401(k) with match!
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance