Face coverings required for travel aboard C&J, learn more.
Who We Are and What We Do
Founded in 1968, C&J Bus Lines has become a regional icon, providing unique, safe, and dependable transportation to over 700,000 passengers each year. C&J offers daily bus service from NH’s Seacoast area and Newburyport, Massachusetts to Boston’s South Station and Logan International Airport. The company also provides daily executive class service from Portsmouth, NH, Tewksbury, MA, and Ogunquit, ME (seasonally) to the Port Authority in New York City. C&J operates a fleet of modern motorcoaches from our state of the art maintenance facility in Rollinsford, NH and has its business offices in Portsmouth.
Why Work for Us?
We are a customer-focused company that has enjoyed success through our family of great employees. We offer excellent wages, and great healthcare benefits for you and your family, and one of the best 401k programs in the Seacoast! If you’re tired of empty promises, poor benefits and flat rate wages then its time for a change. Come work for a company where you can make a difference.
We are excited to add another amazing Customer Care Agent to our team at C&J! We’re looking for a real “morning person” – available shifts are 2:45 am – 12:45 pm at our new Seabrook terminal on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays, as well as a semi-flexible 10-hour shift at our Portsmouth terminal on Wednesdays (preferably starting at 8:00 am). We look forward to meeting you!
Why the Job Matters
Travel is stressful. From the perspective of the bus traveler, the journey from A to B is full of uncertainty, unfamiliarity, and opportunities for things to go wrong. Our commitment as the C&J Customer Care Team is to reverse this perception: C&J Customer Care Agents continually redefine standards for travel by making people exceptionally happy at the beginnings, ends, and in-betweens of their trips.
How You Can Contribute
As a C&J Customer Care Agent, you are the first face customers see or voice they hear. You treat every encounter as an opportunity to deliver a stellar first impression. You anticipate their needs and respond to them with energy, positivity, and personal flare. When the travel-induced stress reaches its peak, you get to bring customers back down to earth through listening, empathy, and swift solutions to their problems. You keep eyes and ears on where the company is going and what your team members are doing, so that you can offer not just good solutions, but great ones.
What We Look For:
1. Punctuality – being ‘on-time’ for our customers
2. Charisma – connecting with and understanding the people you serve
3. Learning – seeking better ways of doing things
Responsible for daily operations of the customer service desk at assigned facility. Primary focus is to ensure consistently exceptional customer service through team work and effective communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide timely and accurate information to customers concerning schedules, pricing and policies
· Accurate processing of tickets using the ticketing system and/or on line ticketing software
· Process refunds, gift certificates and all special discounts and promotions
· Work closely with Drivers to quickly resolve passenger issues
· Assist drivers by being at the coach door for assisting customers
· Frequent attention to the cleanliness of the facility and outside surrounding areas
· Accurate and timely cash out at end of shift
· Log passenger counts, Driver check ins and bus changes
· Notify Duty Supervisor in the event of breakdown, bus delays, weather issues or absenteeism
· Complete ‘Incidence Report’ with customers and send to management in a very timely manner
· Attention to safety of employees and customers and notification to management of any potential hazards
· Maintain regular and punctual attendance, work overtime as assigned, work outside in all weather and comply with all company policies and procedures
· Maintain familiarity with content and functions of ridecj.com
· Ability to communicate customer requests to management for decision as needed
· Intermediate Computer literacy
· Excellent communication skills with passengers and other co-workers concerning operations, policies, etc.
· Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to manage a high-volume service counter
· Able to work independently and to multitask as needed. Frequently called upon to talk to customers, process tickets and adhere to tight schedules
· Able to recall schedules, fares, policies, etc. without using reference material
· Position requires availability to work various shifts on weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays, including shifts at non home-base terminals
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous manner at all times and display empathy
· Must be able to stand for up to 8-10 hours at a time
· Must be able to lift, push, or pull 25 pounds and bend and squat intermittently
Education and Experience:
High School diploma and minimum of one-year customer service/sales associated experience in a retail environment is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations – Seabrook and Portsmouth, NH