Who We Are and What We Do
Founded in 1968, C&J Bus Lines has become a regional icon, providing unique, safe, and dependable transportation to over 700,000 passengers each year. C&J offers daily bus service from NH’s Seacoast area and Newburyport, Massachusetts to Boston’s South Station and Logan International Airport. The company also provides daily executive class service from Portsmouth, NH, Tewksbury, MA, and Ogunquit, ME (seasonally) to the Port Authority in New York City. C&J operates a fleet of 30 motorcoaches from our state of the art maintenance facility in Rollinsford, NH and has its business offices in Portsmouth.
Why Work for Us?
We are a customer-focused company that has enjoyed success through our family of great employees. We offer excellent wages, and great healthcare benefits for you and your family, and one of the best 401k programs in the Seacoast! If you’re tired of empty promises, poor benefits and flat rate wages then its time for a change. Come work for a company where you can make a difference.
C&J, one of the largest inter-city bus lines in New Hampshire with a state of the art modern garaged fleet, has both full and part time openings for a customer service attendant/ valet team member in it’s Portsmouth location. If you are looking to work for a company that is employee and customers focused, C&J has an opportunity for you.
The Customer Service Attendant performs a variety of tasks in support of C&J’s Portsmouth location, including answering phones, selling tickets and moving valet vehicles. Responsible for overnight operations of the Agent/CSR desk; move returning parked valet cars and provide exceptional customer service to all phone inquiries. Starting pay is $14 per hour plus overnight & weekend shift differential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patrons by greeting them on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Directs patrons over the phone by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions
- Provide timely and accurate information to customers concerning schedules, pricing and policies
- Accurate processing of tickets using the point of sale system and online ticketing software
- Process refunds, gift certificates and all special discounts and promotions
- Work closely with Drivers to quickly resolve passenger issues
- Assist drivers by being at coach door for tickets and assisting customers
- Safely perform valet parking services and operate customer’s vehicles in accordance with all applicable laws, ordinances, and C&J policies
- Monitor valet phone & email for customer correspondence
- Handle cash, valet tickets, keys, company attire, and equipment with honesty, professionalism, respect, and care, in accordance with C&J policies
- Maintain a professional appearance, language, demeanor, and behavior
- Adhere to all C&J policies, procedures, guidelines, and rules
- Be willing to perform other related duties, as requested, such as equipment set-up and break down, and terminal & grounds clean up
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow co-workers
Skills Required (but not limited to):
- General knowledge of the use of technology to include point of sale system, valet software, company smartphone, and Internet searches.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations quickly and accurately
- Interpret and explain company policies and procedures
- Self-motivated, working in a fast pace environment, with the ability to multitask.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well within a team, and on individual goals
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous manner at all times
- Must be able to operate both standard and automatic transmission vehicles
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Accurately input customer information into various systems/software
- Attention to detail and high level of safety focus
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Possess a valid driver’s license & driving record that meets the criteria of our insurance carrier
- Must be able to get in and out of cars easily and move at a pace that accommodates high volumes of customers
- Participation in non-DOT, Random Drug & Alcohol testing
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- During Winter months must be able to shovel and salt the walk areas around designated terminal
C&J Bus Lines
185 Grafton Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Or fax to 603.433.8960