Who We Are and What We Do
Founded in 1968, C&J Bus Lines has become a regional icon, providing unique, safe, and dependable transportation from the NH Seacoast to Boston and New York City. We are a customer-focused company that has enjoyed success through our family of great employees. We offer excellent wages, great healthcare benefits for you and your family, and one of the best 401k programs in the Seacoast!
If you’re tired of empty promises, poor benefits, and flat-rate wages, then it's time for a change. Come work for a company where you can make a difference.
I am grateful to be part of the close-knit team here at C&J. The company benefits provided are exceptional, and the friendly and inviting atmosphere makes coming to work a joy. The sense of camaraderie among our team is unparalleled and working here feels like being part of a second family. I couldn't ask for a better place to build a rewarding career.
I can't tell you how much I appreciate being part of such a great team. It's not just a job; it's a place where I feel valued and appreciated and I get to make a difference in peoples lives every day.
C&J, one of the largest inter-city bus lines in New Hampshire with a state of the art modern garaged fleet, has part time and full-time openings for qualified Operators. If you are looking to work for a company that is employee and customers focused, C&J has an opportunity for you. We are now accepting applications for full and part time Motorcoach Operators from experienced, customer service focused drivers.
Operators are responsible for providing a high level of customer service and safety to all of our passengers. Operators must safely operate a 45-foot motorcoach anytime during the day and in varying weather conditions. Operators must also be able to lift/ load luggage for our passengers.
The C&J Diesel Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing and repairing motor coaches and medium-duty trucks under minimal supervision. Responsibilities will include preventative maintenance inspections, warranty procedures, electrical troubleshooting, and diagnostics/repairs to air and hydraulic brakes, tires, Allison transmissions, steering & suspension, AC, and Volvo, Cummins, CAT, and Detroit Diesel engines. Assists other mechanics in repairs and is expected to comply with safety, EPA, OSHA, and FMCSA procedures. Expected to earn CDL B with passenger endorsement within 120 days of hire and expected to continue to learn additional mechanical duties such as advanced computer diagnostics, and internal engine/transmission repairs. Attendance is a mandatory function of the position.
· Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests, identifying worn and damaged parts.
· Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
· Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emissions, brake, steering, hydraulics; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
· Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems.
· Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
· Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs on digital forms.
· Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
· Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
· Comprehensive knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing defective parts in diesel engines with the aim of minimizing downtime.
· Skilled at using computer diagnostic systems on diesel engines and machinery to determine issues.
· Able to perform complex preventative maintenance such as tune-ups, front-end alignments and brake adjustments.
· Well-versed in operating related machinery and equipment such as hoists and forklifts to assist in repair work.
· Exceptional mechanical aptitude aimed at carrying out repair and maintenance work on diesel engines with precision and in accordance to industry standards.
· Special talent for handling operations in auto, metal and body shops with an aim to keep machinery up and running constantly.
· Excellent physical dexterity targeted at lifting and carrying up to 55 lbs. from one place to another by employing safety and following best practices.
· Good analytic and problem-solving skills aimed at understanding mechanical problems, determining resolutions, and employing appropriate solutions.
· Ability to work an occasional flexible schedule including, weekends, holidays and on-call rotations for roadside assistance.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
· Minimum of three years of proven heavy-duty diesel engine repair plus PM's, tire & wheel, air & hydraulic brakes, diagnosis, computerized diagnostics and electrical. Experience with Volvo/CAT/Detroit and Cummins engines preferred.
· Valid Driver's License, clean driving record, and the ability to meet our driving qualification to include DOT physical and pre-employment drug testing; CDL A or B, passenger endorsement preferred.
· Must possess at minimum a set of hand tools up to ¾.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 - $40.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
Work Location: In person
C&J’s Customer Service Ambassadors are responsible for daily operations of the customer service desk at assigned facility. Primary focus is to ensure consistently exceptional customer service through team work and effective communication.
Now hiring full time position, 2:30am – 10:30am. Weekends Required.
High School diploma and minimum of one-year customer service/sales associated experience in a retail environment is preferred.
The C&J Valet Attendant is responsible for providing superior and exceptional customer service for every C&J client that visits the Portsmouth Transportation Center. This includes patrons who choose to use the valet parking service and those who do not. Valet’s responsibilities include greeting passengers at the curb, helping to unload luggage, parking cars carefully, and returning vehicles when passengers are departing C&J. Must have the stamina to stand for extended periods of time while remaining vibrant and friendly. Must have good driving skills and excellent customer service skills. Now hiring full and part time positions.
The Reconditioner is under the direction of the Reconditioner Supervisor and is responsible for cleaning inside and outside of motor coaches and the maintenance facility. Also responsible for fueling and driving coaches within the facility. The Reconditioner should be self-motivated and detail oriented. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Detail oriented and capable of consistently upholding high cleaning standards
Ability to closely follow instructions
Cooperation to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers
Willing and able to obtain a commercial driver's license, Class B
Ability to reach, bend, stoop, stand for long periods of time, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Cleaning experience preferred
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred