Williamsburg, Brooklyn, is quite possibly one of the most exciting neighborhoods to visit in any of New York City’s boroughs. It’s a young and energetic neighborhood brimming with great food, talented artists and musicians, and plenty of unique activities that you won’t find anywhere else. Plus, it’s just a short public transit or cab ride from C&J’s bus terminal in Port Authority, making it easily accessible to anyone daydreaming about a New York City getaway.
Whether you go for a week or just a weekend, you won’t run out of things to do in Williamsburg. Here are a few of our favorite things to do around the neighborhood, so you can start planning your dream trip!
Greenery and History
Located right along the East River is the site of the old Domino Sugar Refinery. In recent years, it’s been repurposed as Domino Park, a beautiful public space where the Williamsburg community can gather, play, and exercise. If you’re looking to stretch your legs after your bus ride, go here first. There’s a fun playground for kids, an elevated walkway with stunning views, a fountain, bocce court, and so much more. Explore the park for yourself and soak in the beauty of Brooklyn firsthand.
From Michelin-starred fine restaurants to hole-in-the-wall bakeries, there’s a lot to choose from when it comes to eating out in Williamsburg. Depending on your mood, budget, or even the weather, you can take your pick of hundreds of spots to stop for a bite to eat. These are some of our favorites:
- For when it’s chilly outside – Okonomi is widely recognized as the top destination for ramen in the neighborhood. They don’t take reservations and the shop is tiny, so there’s often a line of hungry patrons. Almost everyone agrees—it’s worth the wait.
- For a comfort food craving – The Commodore serves up some truly irresistible eats. Try their classic fried chicken sandwich or a chicken biscuit (trust us, you won’t regret it).
- For date night – Lilia is a classic Italian restaurant that proudly boasts handmade pasta, wood-fired seafood, and delicious cocktails. We love their homemade mozzarella with toasted garlic bread and the grilled swordfish entree.
- For fine-diners – Peter Luger Steakhouse is a very popular Michelin-starred restaurant that’s perfect for steak lovers. Be sure you make reservations ahead of time, as their restaurant fills up quickly each day.
Maybe you’d rather try your hand at making your own meal? Head to The Brooklyn Kitchen for a cooking class! Learn how to make dumplings, fresh pasta, or even how to craft the perfect burger.
Delightful Drinks and Breweries
While we’re on the topic of dining out in Williamsburg, it’s worth mentioning that this neighborhood boasts some world-renowned bars and breweries. When you plan your visit, be sure to incorporate at least one of these in your vacation itinerary.
- Brooklyn Brewery – Known internationally for its brews, Brooklyn Brewery is a Williamsburg landmark. Since its founding in 1988, it has become a staple in the neighborhood and is beloved by many. Check out their tasting room and catch a tour while you’re there!
- Brooklyn Winery – Maybe beer isn’t up your alley, and if that’s the case, head over to Brooklyn Winery for unique, small-batch wines fermented right there in Brooklyn. Buy a bottle to go or try a glass of your favorite blend and enjoy it in their stunningly beautiful tasting space.
- Westlight – This is perhaps one of the best spaces to sit, have a drink, and revel in the Manhattan skyline. Westlight is a rooftop bar that pairs delicious appetizers with their handcrafted cocktails.
- St. Mazie – Where great live music, excellent food, and even better drinks meet: St. Mazie is an intimate and warm space, perfect for both hot summer days and the coldest winter nights.
Vintage and Antique Shopping
Williamsburg is never in short supply of dozens of high-quality vintage shops. Whether you love to hunt for treasures or simply window shop, it’s easy to spend an afternoon getting lost in the amazing selection of stores this neighborhood has to offer. Amarcord has an impressive collection of pre-owned luxury items. If you’re looking for designer handbags, jewelry, or accessories and you’re on a budget, definitely take some time to check out what they currently have for sale.
Awoke Vintage is another popular stop for unique pre-owned pieces. Awoke frequently partners with photoshoots, movies, and TV shows to provide clothes for actors and models! You’re bound to find some treasures here.
Have we convinced you to start planning your very own trip to Williamsburg? Let C&J Bus Lines do the driving so you can relax and completely enjoy your getaway to the city. We offer multiple daily trips to and from Port Authority, and all of our riders enjoy free Wi-Fi, complimentary snacks and refreshments, and comfortable reclining seats. Get your New York City tickets today!