C&J service to Boston South Station and Logan Airport has resumed from our Portsmouth and Newburyport Terminals. Executive class service to NYC offered on Fridays and Sundays only. Face coverings required, learn more.
Motorcoaches: The Greenest Transportation Choice
Motorcoaches are the most energy-efficient mode of transportation; twice as fuel-efficient as Amtrak and other train services, three times as efficient as automobiles, and four times as efficient as commercial aviation. To learn more about C&J’s sustainable efforts and our promise to go—and stay—green, download our infographic or reach out to us with your questions.
- All C&J vehicles are purchased with state-of-the-art emissions-lowering technology to reduce polluting particulate emissions by 90%.
- C&J motorcoach use the latest engine technology that are the only industry-wide to meet the EPA’s near-zero NOx emissions requirements.
- All C&J buses use a GPS technology to assist with:
- Monitor, control, and eliminate unnecessary idling.
- Get realtime coach performance, diagnostics, vehicle tracking, and analytics.
- Monitor speed and braking patterns, thereby increasing savings in tire wear and in fuel economy.
- We offer mobile ticketing and electronically scan passengers ticket to reduce paper usage.
- We recycle all cardboard, paper and plastics products that are left on our buses.
- We reuse waste oil to reduce the consumption and amount of oil usage.
- Our facilities are run on energy-efficient LEDs.
- We run Michelin high-efficiency tires on our vehicles to maximize fuel economy.
- C&J is a member stakeholder of the Granite State Clean Cities Coalition (www.granitestatecleancities.nh.gov/)
- All C&J operators are trained in sustainable transportation best practices, earning us the eRating Certification. (www.erating.org)
- One C&J motorcoach can replace up to 49 automobiles on the highway — saving fuel, cutting emissions, and reducing congestion.
- C&J Double Decker coaches can replace up to 81 automobiles on the highway — saving even more.
- C&J buses currently provide 184 passenger miles per gallon (MPG)… more than double the second most fuel-efficient transportation alternative.
- C&J keeps our highways green and clean by supporting Adopt-a-Highway. We sponsor miles of highway that are kept trash-free, clean, and well maintained.
- C&J motorcoaches emit the least amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) per passenger than any other transportation vehicle. A full C&J bus cuts emissions by roughly 90% compared to the private automobiles of those passengers (collectively).