Reservations now required for all C&J service. Tickets must be used on the date and time of travel, learn more.
C&J Pet Policy
C&J allows passengers to travel on-board a C&J motorcoach with their pets. C&J’s Carry-On Pet Program allows passengers to transport their small cat or dog on the bus for $15 per pet. Please follow these guidelines and steps to give yourself and your pet a safe and happy trip!
Prior to Boarding
• Please arrive with your cat or dog in a pet carrier. Pet owners must provide the pet carrier. For safety, your pet must be able to sit and lie down comfortably without touching the sides of the carrier.
• The maximum size for pet carriers is 19 inches x 14 inches x 10.5 inches. The maximum weight of a pet with carrier is 20 pounds. The carrier may be hard or soft sided but must be leak proof and well ventilated.
• A $15.00 surcharge will be assessed for each one-way trip.
• Before traveling with you pet on C&J, you will need to agree to C&J’s Pet Release & Indemnification Agreement for the trip you are planning to take with your pet. Please make sure your pet is up to date on all vaccinations as you are accepting liability for your pet by checking the box on the checkout screen.
• Pets must remain inside their carrier while on the bus, and must remain with the owner at all times.
• Pet carriers are to be placed under your seat and not under the seat in front of you or the seat beside you.
Other Important Information
• Your pet must be at least eight weeks old and be odorless, harmless, not disruptive, and require no attention during travel. C&J maintains the right to refuse acceptance, and may remove any pet exhibiting these issues from terminals and buses.
• C&J does not accept liability for the health and well-being of pets.
• C&J does not ship pets or allow them to travel as checked baggage; a pet must travel with a human.
• One passenger may travel with one pet.
• Service animals that meet ADA requirements are not governed by the Pet Policy and a fee is not required for their travel on C&J buses. Comfort animals and emotional support animals (ESA) are classified as pets and must meet policy guidelines.
Pet Release & Indemnification Agreement
I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for managing my pet during carriage and that I am solely responsible for any damage, harm or loss to C&J Bus Lines (C&J) or any other person caused by my pet or in any way arising out of my pet’s travel. Therefore, I agree to fully reimburse C&J Bus Lines for the cost of any repair, cleaning, decontamination and/or other maintenance related in any way to the carriage of my pet.
I certify that my pet has not harmed, shown aggression or threatening behavior toward any person or other animal. I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for my pet’s health, well-being, and veterinary care (including emergency care) if required, during carriage. I hereby certify that my pet is up-to-date on vaccinations, healthy, free of illness and has not been in the presence of any contagious disease/illness/condition, or ill with a communicable disease/illness/condition, within the past six months. I agree that if my pet is transported and later becomes ill , infected or exposed to a disease/illness/condition that is contagious to animals or humans that I will immediately contact C&J and will provide all available information concerning the disease/illness/condition, including veterinary records and contact information for my pet’s veterinarian.
I hereby expressly agree that I have reviewed and fully accept the terms of C&J’s Pet Policy and will obey all rules, policies and instructions set forth by C&J and its employees concerning the carriage of my pet. I understand that C&J may, at any time, for any reason, and in its sole discretion, refuse carriage of my pet and/or revoke my permission to carry my pet. I also assume all risk of loss and harm to me, my pet and my property from whatever source or sources, which may in any way relate to the carriage of my pet, regardless of any fault, whether it be on the part of C&J, its representatives, myself or any other person or entity.
By executing this agreement, I knowingly and fully release, indemnify, defend and save harmless C&J Bus Lines, its officers, directors, employees, insurers, subcontractors, indemnitors, indemnitees and representatives of and from any and all claims, damages, and losses, including , but not limited to, any and all claims for injury and/or death, loss of or damage of property, and all other losses suffered by C&J, myself, and/or any third party which may in any way relate directly or indirectly to my pet, irrespective of any negligence or other fault of C&J, its employees, or any party whatsoever. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS IS A FULL AND COMPLETE RELEASE WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF THE CARRIAGE OF MY PET.
By checking the box on the checkout screen. I am agreeing that I have carefully read and fully understand and accept the provisions of this Agreement and will abide by C&J’s regulations for pets.